If you’re reading this 50 years from now, you should know that 2017 wasn’t just another benign blip on the calendar, but one full of troubles. And joys. A year full of natural or manmade disasters. A year filled with people striving to make things better.
We’re nearly at the end of 2017, and San Francisco’s blue sky is smoke-choked from out-of-control wildfires burning down lives, property and whole mountainsides.
What can we do? We’re all asking that question. The answer, for now, is not much except wait for the smoke to clear. Then we’ll see.
While we wait, I’m making a list of gratitudes, and I’m sharing here the work- and real estate-related ones:
- My livelihood, which has enabled me to raise my children, pay for their education, and send them off to save the world
- My colleagues at McGuire, a safe, inspiring and supportive workplace, managed primarily by women
- My tireless cohort and friend Laraine Hsu
- Media whiz Garrett Distor
- Mentor and inspiration Jamie Comer
- Coach and boss Alex Buehlmann
- McGuire superheroes Jessi Greenlee, Lauren Bensinger, Aviva Kamler, Whitney Palmedo, Shelly Bowes, Gary Palamo, Carlos Rivas, Tanya Alexander
- The hardest-working mortgage banker in the land, Susan Costello
- The San Francisco real estate brokerage community, comprised of so many intelligent, passionate, smart, caring people
- Thank God for California.
- San Francisco, where everyone wants to be (if they’re honest with themselves).
- My home, without a garage or a dishwasher but whole and on an evergreen (in every sense of that word) San Francisco block
- The people whom I have the privilege of representing and who make my practice of real estate a true practice
For all this – and more – I am grateful, grateful, grateful.
Cynthia Cummins is a Top Producer and Partner at McGuire. For info on SF real estate visit http://CynthiaCummins.com. This article was re-posted at McGuire.com.